9/10/07 is the scariest day of my life, my laproscopy is scheduled on that day at 4pm. Colin woke me up at 9am to have my brunch cos I need to fast latest by 10.30am. First thing I wake up, he start telling me its nothing to worry about & tears started rolling down my cheeks, he sense my fear & told me if I'm really that worried, I can cancel the op, frankly spearking after waiting for 3 weeks I'll just get it done & over with it.
We reached TMC at 1.10pm, got a queue number & waited for a good 20 mins before its our turn, when I'm doing my admission first shock I got my gynae's goondoo assistant never book me on 1 bedder, instead she book me on 4 bedder, next shock all the 1 bedder rooms are full. The staff was very kind & say she'll book me on 2 bedder, I'm not left with any choice have to take whatever it's available, paid deposit & someone showed us to our ward. Next shock came when I was waiting in this 4 bedder ward, the 2 bedder rooms are also full, Colin immediately tell me, if by any chance I get to see my gynae, I must get her to discharge me after I wake up. Then the nurse came & take my blood pressure, the reading is 131/78, I think I'm too nervous until the reading is so high, then got me to change & wait till the time for me to go down to OT area.
1540, an OT nurse came & brought me down, initially very happy cos I assume Colin can go with me, who knows at the lift lobby, the nurse say Colin cannot go with me, I see his sad look & bid him a sad goodbye, then I was make to lie on a bed & everytime a nurse came & chat with me they'll do verification, in all I think I repeat myself at least 5 times, the saddest part is there's another girl who is due for c-sect already given birth to her baby I'm still outside the OT room waiting for my gynae.
1610, my gynae is finally done with the previous op & she came & talk to me, first thing I tell her I wanna go home after I wake up, she reluctantly agreed to my request
1620, I'm finally pushed into the OT, the anesthetist Dr Chong came & talk to me & assure me the op is with 99% success, next came my gynae, she held my hand so tightly when Dr Chong is trying the inject the needle to hook the drip, really grateful for me, after the GA is administered I feel asleep within 3 sec, next thing I know I'm back in the ward learning to cope the pain from the wound. My gynae called Colin after my op & say she saw blood spots around my ovaries & its all removed
now my most fearful day is over, I'm praying hard this is my first & last op at tmc, real bad experience I had with their "wonderful" service
Thursday, October 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment