I was having mild asthma attack since Sunday, must be the haze from indonesia making its grand appearance again!!
On Mon & Tues, Colin is being recalled for 2 days reservist, so I took this opportunity to rest at home & at the same time, do the most crazy thing of the month, churn 50 mth end reports!!
Wed return to work despite being unwell. On Thurs, I was really not well, by 10pm I was really breathless, I had a tiff with Colin thus din tell him about me not well. By 10.30pm, I tell myself either I make my own way down to the 24 hrs clinic 2 streets away or hospital A&E cos all GP clinic are already close at that hour.
I decided to go hospital cos the doctor at the 24 hrs clinic doesn't instill any professionalism to me & the medication there is so damn limited. I called for a cab & landed myself at Changi General Hospital A&E 20 mins later. Registration is pretty fast cos there's no queue at all.
I was told to wait at the waiting area to wait for a nurse to call me by name to assess my condition, less than 5 mins waiting I was called. My blood pressure is really high standing at 133 cos I was really breathless, then I was told to do a breathlyser test which I know I sure to fail. First blow the nurse say I did wrongly, I was on the verge of boxing that stupid nurse, 2nd attempt I straight away told him thats the max I can go before I ask for oxygen mask.
I was given a queue number & told to wait, I thought the wait will be at least an hour, but to my surprise, my number flash 10 mins later. This MO appears more professional, assessing my medical history & final diagnosis is mild asthma attack, it doesn't warrant me to bring home the neuberliser, but I totally regretted not bring it home!! The next day my condition seems to be worse, I was literally dragging my feet to the carpark!! The steriod pills that was given to me doesn't seem to stablise my condition, inhailer not doing its job properly, whole day just dragging my feet around office!!
After giving the prescription to the pharmacist, I was called in less than 5 mins time, took my medication & went to make payment. I only need to pay for consultation fees which is $75, medication + GST is on government grant.
Carol accompanied me & we went nearby chatting & I only reach home at 1.30am. Instruction given by the MO is, if my condition is no better after taking the steroid pills, I have to go back to see him, which I doubt I'll ever step back there again unless very very necessary.
Saturday, May 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment