Monday, December 17, 2007

Not a very happy christmas this year

In actual fact I should be feeling very happy, cos christmas eve marks the 6th year since Colin & I knew each other.

Yesterday we went Marina square & Suntec for shopping, after that we drop by my in-laws place and his bro told us that my MIL want to buy a cake mixer that will cost $800!! You guys didn't read wrongly & there's no typo at my end, his bro say we share the cost, Colin without 2nd thoughts & without discussing with me agreed to this big ticket item. First thing that cross my mind, how long will this cake making hobby last? I was not happy the entire evening, this year have been a year of roller-coaster ride for me, next year will not be easy for me either, I'm going for SO-IUI treatment, each time be it positive or negative news will cost me $2K. I'm feeling very strain financially & best of all, Colin don't feel it at all, probably becos I'm paying all the bills, see figures depleting from our account is making me think twice on a lot of things, some big ticket items which I really hope to buy I don't even dare to dream to own it & Colin just simply agree to let his mum buy a cake mixer?

I really hope he read this cos even though he told his mum to look for a cheaper model, its still going to cost us a few hundred, cny coming, my fertility treatment is coming, so many big ticket items coming my way & yet I cannot choose to ignore all the figures. If the mixer cost something like $300 to $400 I really don't mind blessing my MIL with one, but I look around and I think the cheapest will still be in $700 range.

I'm eyeing on a heart shape pendant from Goldheart, that one after less will cost $1K, didn't even dare to have designs on that, all these are just material items which I can do without.

*secretly cried in office without Colin's knowledge & hope after I pen this down I can have a good night sleep & not thinking about that big ticket item that he's going to buy for his mum, I'm really not happy & don't wish to blow this matter up & have another coldwar with him. I HATE TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OTHERS, BUT HIS FAMILY IS TAKING ADVANTAGE ME FOR GRANTED, THEIR CAR'S ENGINE OIL PROBLEM NOW BECOME MY PROBLEM COS I NEED TO SPONSOR THEM WITH 1 FULL CARTON!!!!

4 comments:

Our Precious said...

Hug, dear!! You're right not to think too much of this episode. Though it seems not too sensible to get that mixer, it is afterall Colin's wish to make another woman,his mum,happy. Take it as a fat present for the folk. Money spent, can be earned. Money earned are to be spent :-P There's always 2 sides to view a situation. Take the positive one. Not for anyone, but for your good health Hahaha... sorry too long-winded liao :-D

Audrey said...

Diana, I cannot choose to ignore, cos I told him something very nasty liao, simply cannot understand what things cannot get into his brain, there's more big ticket item coming next year from his mum!!!

Our Precious said...

Aiyo, poor U :(
anyway,u've put this down. Hopefully Colin can understand and draw a balance out of it. Afterall it is his $$ he's spending. Sigh...

Audrey said...

no, he's spending my money!! he want to buy mixer by all means go ahead, he only have $1K till the end of this mth to survive, he started another round of coldwar yesterday in office